The purpose of Visit Fort Bragg, CA (Formerly the Fort Bragg Promotion Committee) is to manage a continuing and sustainable program of advertising and promotional activities that publicize the advantages of Fort Bragg for recreation and business. Specific goals are to:
- Increase Transient Occupancy Tax revenues.
- Increase Sales Tax revenues.
- Enhance the image of Fort Bragg as a vibrant community and desirable destination.
- Attract Coast residents to Fort Bragg for business, cultural and social activities.
- Keep the community informed about Visit Fort Bragg activities and programs. Visit Fort Bragg activities must benefit City businesses regardless of Chamber membership.
The Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce is contracted by the City of Fort Bragg to manage funds and oversee Visit Fort Bragg, a volunteer committee comprised of five to seven members. The Committee’s purpose is to promote Fort Bragg as a travel and retail destination. A portion of the City’s transient occupancy tax (TOT) is allocated to the Committee to be used for Fort Bragg promotion activities.
Visit Fort Bragg is charged with the task of creating a strategic marketing plan as well as managing the budget. This Committee has representation from a cross- section of businesses and community members who meet at least once a month in an informal setting. The regular meetings are currently held the third Wednesday of the month from 3pm-5pm in the Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce conference room at 217 S. Main St., Fort Bragg.
Membership is open to the business and community members who have an interest in promoting Fort Bragg. Members do not have to live within the City limits.
The scope of work consists of:
o Attend committee meetings once a month
o Assist with committee work and projects as needed or available
Caitlin Alexander, Chair
Debra De Graw, Vice Chair
Mary Knoerdel, Marketing Chair
Jennifer Owen, City Liaison
Sharon Davis, Admin
Membership application is available here.
Minutes and Agendas:
Bylaws and Budget: