1. Late summer/early fall is the most beautiful month of the year in Mendocino! And there’s no better place to enjoy it than the Gardens. The summer flowers are in full bloom, the days are warmer than ever with little wind, and the light is just right.
2. It’s time to buy plants for your fall garden. Maybe you missed the Fall Plant sale last weekend, but it’s not too late to select the perfect fall plants from their extensive nursery to add to your own garden. Tip: they offer many drought tolerant and native species.
Yes, it’s certainly worth mentioning here that the dahlias surround the lawn and altar used for wedding ceremonies at the garden. Good time to scout the most spectacular wedding venue.
4. The vegetable garden is going off!
6. Intoxicating scents everywhere as the summer plants and flowers exude their farewell perfume.
7. You can snack on some ripe huckleberries. Yum yum.
8. The begonia and fuchsia house is exploding with color
10. The rains are coming soon and a new season will be upon us, bringing new delights…
For more pictures from a lovely late-summer afternoon in the Gardens, visit our Flickr Album.