Fort Bragg is a Coastal Dream Town – we made Coastal Living Magazine’s short list!
After canvassing the country’s coasts for towns with seaside charm, a lively beach culture, and good housing, they decided Fort Bragg deserves to be one of just two California Dream Towns. Here’s why they say we’re a top spot for a quick trip or a new place to live.
- The new Coastal Trail which will soon convert a 45-acre blufftop area into a green space of native plants and a system of multiuse trails connecting the town to the beaches.
- Converting the 400-acre former Georgia Pacific mill site into 500 residential units, park space, an extension of downtown, and more ocean views. Construction begins in the next few years.
- Redwood-covered hills rolling up and down the coast.
- Jug Handle Beach’s wind-protected, sunbathing stretch with miles of redwood trails leading out of it.
- Active people who enjoy scuba diving, biking, surfing in town at Virgin Creek, hiking in the redwoods, and organizing town events.
- A Main Street that has new concrete sidewalks that pass the North Coast Brewing Company for libations and Cowlick’s Hand Made Ice Cream shop.
- Dinner at ‘The Restaurant’ for fresh Pacific seafood or Piaci Pub & Pizzeria with its impressive list of California brews.
- A few nights at the Grey Whale Inn, a bed-and-breakfast in downtown, or a longer stay at an oceanfront Cape Cod-style bungalow reserved through www.vrbo.com